Growth and Scalability
CDC’s Four Zone model, combined with ample power - up to 12 megawatts on demand - means that our clients can securely plan for their future data hosting needs using three different growth strategies:
- Slow growth: renting a pod that exceeds current specifications allowing for growth within that pod
- Medium growth: converting a ‘Yellow’ pod to an ‘Orange’ or ‘Red’ pod (a straightforward exercise), or
- Explosive growth: converting pre-reserved “White Zones”, or vacant data centre space, into either “Yellow”, “Orange” or “Red” Zones.
The Four Zones
CDC’s unique Four Zones for ‘right sizing’ and future-proof planning
CDC has created a unique, environmentally-friendly Four Zone model to enable clients to efficiently match, or ‘Right Size’, for now and into the future, their current data hosting requirements with appropriate levels of supporting infrastructure such as power and cooling.
The zones provide clients with unprecedented options on usage and expansion.
In addition to the green advantages the zones provide, CDC has incorporated a ‘No Surprises’ pricing model that allows clients to confidently forecast what they will pay for secure data centre hosting based on their current requirements or at any time over a given period.
This model includes a clean and refined approach to provision of a wide range of services and value-add activities which others supply ad-hoc at high additional costs.
- White Zones Reserved Vacant Data Centre Floor Space which can be reserved for future growth but can only be held for a maximum of 12 months.
- Yellow Zones Pods of 20 usable racks supplied with 2N infrastructure capable of supporting an average of up to 7.5KW per rack or 150KW over the entire 20 rack pod. Each “Yellow” pod consumes 60 square metres of data centre floor space.
- Orange Zones Pods of 20 usable racks supplied with 2N infrastructure capable of supporting an average of up to 15KW per rack or 300KW over the entire 20 rack pod. Each “Orange” pod consumes 70 square metres of data centre floor space.
- Red Zones Pods of 20 usable racks supplied with 2N infrastructure capable of supporting an average of up to 27.5KW per rack or 550KW over the entire 20 rack pod. Each “Red” pod consumes 80 square metres of data centre floor space.
Canberra Data Centres (CDC) have been able to shift the Data Centre paradigm to the next generation today. The Data Centre can address power and cooling densities of up to 30kW per rack by using the APC by Schneider Electric Closed Coupled Cooling and Hot Aisle Containment methodology. This methodology, combined with the dynamic allocation of power & cooling in a just in time manner, achieves energy efficiency savings of up to 65% when compared to traditional facilities Click here to view.